Improving Water Quality
& Natural Ecosystems in
The Skagit Conservation Education Alliance (SCEA) is a local, non-profit organization that was established in 2002. SCEA works with local community groups for the benefit of the greater Skagit ecosystem to protect water quality and watershed functions.
The marine environment in Skagit County is home to important shellfish beds, fish habitat, hundreds of thousands of overwintering water fowl, productive eelgrass beds and marine animals.
SCEA works to protect, enhance, and live with the natural wonders in the Skagit Watersheds.
- We develop cooperative relationships, share information and expertise
- We are community connected via partnering with citizens, state, tribal, and local government and non-governmental entities
- We promote voluntary actions to protect resources
- We promote science education opportunities linked to environmental quality
- We take care of community health and ensure clean water and make sure fish and shellfish are safe to eat, and beaches are safe for swimming
- We are involved in community stewardship